Our sight words this week are do, come, away. **Note: The Friday newsletter had a typo. It listed the number words, one, two, three, four, and five as our sight words, but those are for the following week!**
In math, we will continue learning about place value and practicing building numbers. This is tricky for many students but provides a solid foundation for number sense, so we will spend a lot of time on this.
In social studies, we have been learning about wants and needs, goods and services, and trade. We will continue our study of these economic terms next week!
Our class is studying the author Jonathan London for reading month. He is the author of the Froggy series. Our class will be writing our own Froggy books for reading month!
Don't forget that for reading month, we are having a school-wide and class-wide contest to see who reads the most minutes during the month of March. This can include your child reading to you or you reading to your child. Record your minutes each night and return the logs every Friday!
On Wednesday, March 28, MTA will host reading night from 4:30-5:30 in the gym. At reading night, your child can share his/her Froggy book with you. Students will be able to participate in a craft or activity that each teacher has created to match their class' author study. We hope to see you there!
* Thursday, March 15- Progress Reports Issued
* Friday, March 16- No School (Professional Development Day)
* Wednesday, March 28- Reading Night 4:20-5:30
* Friday, March 30- Character Dress-up Day (Students may dress up like their favorite story character)
* Monday, April 2- Field Trip to the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum (permission slip will come home on Monday, March 12)
* Friday, April 6- Spring Break Begins